Scraps Solution: Thanksgiving Sandwich, Crantini and Sausage Apple Stuffing
So here is the situation: Thanksgiving is over, but you’ve still got a refrigerator full of Turkey Day leftovers. Well, everything’s better between two slices of bread, so make a delicious Thanksgiving Sandwich and your fridge will be able to breathe again! Turkey, stuffing, and cranberry sauce combine to make a delectable leftover treat. Pair it with a refreshing Crantini and eat up!
¼ - ½ pound turkey breast
1 cup stuffing (See recipe below, or use leftover)
¼ cup cranberry sauce (whole or smooth)
Whole grain wheat bread
1. Toast whole grain wheat bread and spread with mayonnaise
2. Add turkey breast, stuffing, cranberry sauce and lettuce, then slice in half.
3 oz. vodka
5 oz. cranberry juice
Splash of triple sec
1. Combine vodka, cranberry juice and triple sec.
2. Squeeze lime into mixture and use as a garnish
Sausage Apple Stuffing
½ cup cubed wheat bread
1 cup cubed white bread
5 oz. ground turkey sausage
¼ cup chopped onions
3 tbsp chopped celery
¾ tsp sage
½ tsp rosemary
1/3 tsp thyme
¼ Golden Delicious apple, cored and chopped
3 tbsp dried cranberries
1 tbs fresh parsley
3 tbsp turkey or chicken stock
1 ½ tsp melted butter
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spread the bread cubes onto a baking sheet and bake until evenly toasted (5-7 minutes). Place in a large bowl.
2. Cook the sausage and onions in a large skillet over medium heat until evenly browned. Add celery, sage, rosemary and thyme and cook for several more minutes.
3. Pour skillet mixture over the bread. Mix in the remaining ingredients and stir.
4. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes or until lightly browned. (Serves 3)