Don't Miss After Hours A Capella in Goldstein Auditorium, This Thursday December 10
The first time I saw Pitch Perfect was my senior year of high school. I had the flu and an insanely high fever. The drugs I was on may or may not have caused my *slight* obsession with the movie, but the fact of the matter is I know all of the words to the riff off (it's safe to say I’m in too deep). I was a bit of a choir nerd in high school, so a capella was like this cool older cousin: distant and elusive.
One thing I’ve noticed is a capella thrives on college campuses. Whether it’s those heart throbbing boys serenading you with Jessie McCartney or an all female power ballad getting you amped up to fight someone later, you can certainly find whatever it is that your heart desires.
So forget ZBT after hours this Thursday and check out After Hours with Groovestand, Main Squeeze, The Mandarins, Orange Appeal, Otto Tunes, and Oy Capella at 9 p.m. in Goldstein Auditorium. Don’t worry about your female to male ratio or flashing your tits at the door because tickets are free at the Schine Box Office.
All of these incredibly talented groups will be performing what they’ve been working on all semester and showcase some of SU’s best voices.
And if that isn’t enough incentive for you to go, here are a few more:
- All of the groups have something different to offer. Otto Tunes are funny and entertaining, whereas Main Squeeze does a lot of ballads. There’s a lot of variety and a little something for anybody’s taste.
- Attention all sorority girls, the odds that someone covers a song from J. Bieb’s new album are high. But there’s only one way to really find out.
- It’s something you can tell your parents you did at school other than blackout at Lucy’s.
- Not only is it music, it’s also dancing. The fun choreography ranges anywhere from cute to hilarious.
- Sometimes you can spot some people rocking their most festive clothing. Whether their headed to an ugly Christmas sweater party after this or really passionate about elves is up to you to decide.
- You deserve to #treatyoself. Schine is right next to Bird, so hop on over for a study break from the hell that is finals. You were probably stalking that kid in your writing class on Instagram anyway.
- Basically everyone goes. Every year the auditorium fills out, and believe me, you’ll want good seats.
This event will be a great way for you and your friends to get in the holiday spirit (and get through finals week feeling a little less emotional pain). So screw Thirsty Thursday and come to a different kind of After Hours, where you can wear your finals week outfit and nobody will judge you.