The 15 Most Outrageous Kayne West Quotes of All Time
At last week’s Grammys, Kanye West came very close to pulling what can only be called a Kanye West when alternative singer–songwriter Beck beat out the legendary Beyoncé for Album of the Year. For a brief moment, it appeared that he was going to interrupt Beck on stage, a déjà vu moment from Taylor Swift’s acceptance speech at the 2009 MTV Video Music Awards. Now, six years later, he nearly pulled off the exact same stunt.
He played it off as a joke, but later said he did think Beck should give up his Grammy to Beyoncé — the true winner.
This isn’t the first time Kanye has been an ignorant, pompous ass. He’s known for sitting on his high horse and saying ridiculous and sometimes offensive things. Here are our top picks of Yeezus’s most outrageous quotes of all time.
1. “I will be the leader of a country that ends up being worth billions of dollars, because I got all the answers. I understand culture. I am the nucleus.”
2. “God chose me. He made a path for me. I am God’s vessel.”
3. “There’s certain things that black people are the best at and certain things white people are the best at. Whatever we as black people are the best at, I’m’a go get that. Like, on Christmas, I don’t buy any food that tastes white. And when I go to purchase a house, I don’t want my credit to look black.”
4. “My greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform.”
5. On why he got married: "Like they said in Step Brothers:Never lose your dinosaur. This is the ultimate example of a person never losing his dinosaur. Meaning that even as I grew in cultural awareness and respect and was put higher in the class system in some way for being this musician, I never lost my dinosaur."
6. “In order to win at life, you need some Kim K skills, period."
7. "Both me and Kim had to learn how to communicate as a team. These are two LeBrons, you know?”
8. "I'm a pop enigma. I live and breathe every element in life.”
9. "I’m like a vessel, and God has chosen me to be the voice and the connector."
10. "Don't ask me what I think the best song of last year was, because my opinion is the same as most of America's. It was 'Gold Digger.'"
11. "Come on now! How could you be me and want to be someone else?"
12. On the Taylor Swift VMA’s incident: "She just talked about how, you know, people would come up to her in the grocery store and really just bring it up, and she would defend me at the grocery store — I'm sorry, defend me in an interview, she said at her grocery store, she was actually defending me. It's an amazing, compelling situation. The situation is bigger to me than the Bush moment."
13. "My parents taught me that AIDS was a man-made disease designed to get rid of the undesirable people."
14. "I am so credible and so influential and so relevant that I will change things."
15. “You know, if Michael Jordan can scream at the refs, me as Kanye West, as the Michael Jordan of music, can go and say, ‘This is wrong.’”